Since Dazed editor-in-chief Isabella Burley seized the helm at Helmut Lang as editor-in-residence, the brand has seen a string of frontier-pushing new campaigns, pumped out in quick succession.
The latest, this year’s first, takes the form of a collaboration with Exactitudes®, a documentary photography project by Rotterdam-based photographer Ari Versluis and profiler Ellie Uyttenbroek. Since October 1994, the duo have worked together to profile thousands of subcultures and social cliches, from gabber fans to skateboarders.
The Helmut Lang Re-Edition campaign shows Helmut Lang collectors and fans donning pieces from volumes one and two as well as from their own archives. Squint and you’ll spot Kanye West and Solange Knowles alongside lesser known names such as photographers Alison Marie Isbell and Dominik Halas, Vogue associate fashion editor Yohana Lebasi and musician David Gagliardi.
Helmut Lang says that the collaboration marks “the first time Exactitudes® has officially collaborated with a brand” although back in October, Ari Versluis shot Palace’s Winter 2017 lookbook with direct reference to his own series.
- Lukasz Rusznica journeys into the spirit world with his publication Subterranean River
- Photographer Josh Adam Jones challenges western preconceptions of the Middle East in XO
- Studio Above&Below uses code and emerging tech to improve our planet's wellbeing
- Studio Frith designs Kitty Travers' La Grotta Ices into "a book you want to lick"
- Vicki King explains how she uses photography to elevate the mundane
- Ailsa Johnson’s illustrations draw on the everyday magic of Japanese culture
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice