Since Dazed editor-in-chief Isabella Burley seized the helm at Helmut Lang as editor-in-residence, the brand has seen a string of frontier-pushing new campaigns, pumped out in quick succession.
The latest, this year’s first, takes the form of a collaboration with Exactitudes®, a documentary photography project by Rotterdam-based photographer Ari Versluis and profiler Ellie Uyttenbroek. Since October 1994, the duo have worked together to profile thousands of subcultures and social cliches, from gabber fans to skateboarders.
The Helmut Lang Re-Edition campaign shows Helmut Lang collectors and fans donning pieces from volumes one and two as well as from their own archives. Squint and you’ll spot Kanye West and Solange Knowles alongside lesser known names such as photographers Alison Marie Isbell and Dominik Halas, Vogue associate fashion editor Yohana Lebasi and musician David Gagliardi.
Helmut Lang says that the collaboration marks “the first time Exactitudes® has officially collaborated with a brand” although back in October, Ari Versluis shot Palace’s Winter 2017 lookbook with direct reference to his own series.
- Anyways animates the rich history of Soho and Spitalfields for Fora
- Christoph Niemann on the mammoth task of designing a mural with 20,000 tiles
- Cowboy-centric style and loaves of bread feature in Agnieszka Chabros' latest series
- “I've just always liked drawing people”: Haley Tippmann on her observational illustrations
- Miner magazine evokes a narrative around men in rabbit suits and internet celebrities
- José Castrellón documents the workers smuggling fuel from Venezuela into Colombia
- Working Not Working reveals the top companies creatives want to work at
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- In praise of doing nothing: How to turn boredom into brilliant ideas
- WeWork gets a new name, and a slightly new look too