The video is the second time the two have worked together following Norbert’s VR experience Das Problem der Befahrung des Weltraums for Daydreaming With… Stanley Kubrick, last year’s exhibition at Somerset House co-curated by James. He approached Norbert to work on this latest project to bring his “reputation for innovation and imaginative distortion of convention”.
Filmed using a drone “unleashed” on the American wilderness, the video for The Road travels through desolate landscapes bathed in dramatic light and shadow, navigating a series of scenes from all angles. Director Norbert and executive producer James have applied what they call a “post-apocalyptic sensibility and edit”, producing the film which they say “describes the ever present conflict between natural landscape and human progress”.
Unkle’s album The Road Part 1 is out 23 June 2017.
- Kim Gehrig's latest commercial for Covergirl combines comic chemistry with cosmetic commentary
- Watch Nicos Livesey explain how he made his embroidered BBC World Cup spot
- Photographer Niall McDiarmid travels from town to town to capture the essence of Britain
- Design studio Varv Varv's well-reasoned practice is an enquiry into "making things public"
- Radical Essex is a publication that aims to uproot the county’s misguided stereotypes
- Petrichor: a short film about snooker and mental health, beautifully packaged by Housework Press
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- Plexopolis: a series of games to educate and inform students on accomplished design
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- Chris Dorley-Brown’s sharp images of East London are actually made up of many multiple shots
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions