One of our Ones To Watch for 2017, Amsterdam-based publication MacGuffin, has announced a collaboration with Edenspiekermann. The publication which catalogues and expands upon “The Life of Things,” will collaborate with the creative agency founded by Erik Spiekermann to expand its community and reach a wider audience.
The partnership will use “a distinctive digital experience and smart content strategy” to expand the publication’s reach. “We hope – quite ambitiously – that a good magazine is not aimed at certain readers, but defines a new readership. We’re excited to work with Edenspiekermann to reach this audience,” says MacGuffin’s editor-in-chief Kirsten Algera.
Edenspiekermann believes, “MacGuffin has the potential to become the next iconic art magazine. With our international experience in digital publishing, we can’t wait to contribute to that dream,” explains digital design director Ronnie Besseling.
The magazine’s first two issues are praised for a sharp style and narrative that “focuses on the extraordinary life of an ordinary, often anonymously designed object by exploring the stories it generates”.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner