For Mailchimp Presents’ latest release, the entertainment arm of the marketing platform is exploring creative minds.
Launched earlier this year, Mailchimp Presents is a short-form series providing a new voice on the subject of business. Adding a personable, multi-layered approach to an often complicated topic of conversation, its releases include a documentary series following those trying a totally new career path, and a podcast on the pivotal moments in a range of people’s lives, from writers, comedians to politicians.
Already releasing three live-action documentaries, six series and two podcasts, Mailchimp has now introduced an animated series too. Titled Outer Monologue, each episode illustrates the story of one individual, discussing “how their inner monologue is often different from what they project outwardly.”
Providing insight into the running narratives inside a diverse mix of creative minds, the first five episodes feature film director Jay Duplass, journalist, photographer and filmmaker Molly Bingham, playwright Ngozi Anyanwu, actress Joy Bryant and 20-year-old chef, Flynn McGarry.
Produced by Pop-Up Magazine Productions’ Brand Studio, every episode takes on a different visual style to tell the story at hand. It’s a unique approach to storytelling which Pop-Up Magazine Productions is well versed in, known for its performances of Pop-Up Magazine, a live publication where a group of writers, photographers, illustrators and filmmakers would perform new reported stories.
Working with Mailchimp Presents on Outer Monologue, the series features animated interpretations by creatives Frances Hazard, Andrew Khosravani, Harry Teitelman and past It’s Nice That Graduate, Katy Wang. Despite their differing styles, animation appears a perfect accompaniment to these personal monologues, allowing viewers to see a different side to a group of admirable creatives.
The five shorts are now available to watch via Mailchimp Presents here.
- How Netflix's Klaus is bringing hand drawn 2D animation back to the big screen this Christmas
- Sophie Williams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"