Manolo Blahnik is the man who heeled Sex And The City’s protagonist Carrie Bradshaw through dates, break-ups, proposals and er, muggings, so it’s only fair that Manolo got some screen time of his own.
Following a spar of recently launched and hugely successful feature-length fashion documentaries like Iris and Dior and I, the shoe designer has been granted his own film, directed by Michael Roberts. The trailer for the curiously-named Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards shows flashes of flamboyant footwear made by the designer. “I used to make shoes for lizards,” he laughs.
With interviews from a Met Gala-worthy list of stars including Anna Wintour (“I can’t remember the last time I wore anyone else’s shoes, I mean I just don’t even look at them!”), Paloma Picasso, Candace Bushnell, Jamie Preto, Rihanna and Naomi Campbell, the film is set to solidify Manolo’s icon status.
Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards will be released on 15 September in New York and LA on 15 September followed by a limited release in cities worldwide during September and October.
- Mariana Malhão's illustrations depict "a world inside a world"
- Max Siedentopf offers silly but significant advice in his latest series, Instructions for World Peace
- XZY explores the “visual alchemies of the phenomenon fake" in its debut issue
- Steven Bliss' distant yet familiar series, Boys
- Friday Mixtape: Shopping pick a mix of bands to be excited to be about
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau on body diversity and defying convention
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Aron Klein's captivating images of the Bulgarian demon chasers
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio