Milton Glaser has refreshed the packaging designs for Brooklyn Brewery. The designer has worked with the brand for years on projects including creating a new look for the brand’s Blast! IPA, and this is the first time the company has refreshed its entire look in its 30 year history.
The new designs aim to showcase a “fresh and bold” aesthetic, according to Brooklyn Brewery, “while remaining un-mistakenly Brooklyn.” The new designs will start to roll out over the next few months.
“Milton will be 87 this year but he goes to work every day at his office in Manhattan. I think he has done some of his best work in the past five years,” says Brooklyn Brewery co-founder and chairman Steve Hindy. “Last year, we asked him to refresh our packaging for a new generation of beer drinkers. He has done it brilliantly. The new packaging is unmistakably Brooklyn Brewery, but it links our diverse portfolio together on the store shelves in a colourful billboard effect that has ‘shelf authority’ and is sure to inspire others.”
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories