Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
Last week, Ben Arfur set our Monthly Brief asking you to “design a bootleg t-shirt for your favourite band”. Below, Ben has picked out some of his favourite submissions.
“Far too many solid pieces, narrowing them down was a tough game – but these are the ones that made me choke on my tea. "
Be sure to check out the #itsbriefthat hashtag to check out the other amazing entries!
- Lucia Sekerkova documents the rituals of Romania’s social media savvy witches
- Charlie Roberts' paintings are inspired by hip-hop culture, sports and screenplays
- In Whispering Blooms Jack Orton documents the eerie perfection of the town of Poundbury
- Studio Nuno Fontes on its clean and ordered work for the cultural sector
- Darren Shaddick illustrates his version of “the ultimate cool person”
- Team Thursday's Bookshelf is full of souvenirs, zines and exhibition catalogues
- Pornhub decides to try out beesexuality with new awareness campaign
- “The time just feels right”: Stuart Brumfitt and Mirko Borsche, editor and designer of The Face, on its relaunch
- The Washington Post's climate change issue features 24 equally important covers
- Philip Gerald's lowbrow, crude paintings are a reflection of his views on the art world
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date
- The US government releases its first bespoke typeface: Public Sans