Nike has revealed the designs for a significant expansion to its headquarters in Beaverton Oregon. Estimated for completion in 2018 the 297000 m2 expansion has been designed by ZGF Architects, SRG partnership and Skylab architecture with the landscape designed by Place Studio. The new development is the latest expansion of the site that opened in 1990 and doubled its footprint in 2001. The new buildings will provide office, mixed use and parking spaces.
“The architecture itself takes inspiration from human movement, speed and the strength and energy of competition,” says Nike. “A beacon serves as a campus center while spanning structures radiating from the tower pay homage to Nike’s namesake, the winged goddess of victory.”
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity