Nike has revealed the designs for a significant expansion to its headquarters in Beaverton Oregon. Estimated for completion in 2018 the 297000 m2 expansion has been designed by ZGF Architects, SRG partnership and Skylab architecture with the landscape designed by Place Studio. The new development is the latest expansion of the site that opened in 1990 and doubled its footprint in 2001. The new buildings will provide office, mixed use and parking spaces.
“The architecture itself takes inspiration from human movement, speed and the strength and energy of competition,” says Nike. “A beacon serves as a campus center while spanning structures radiating from the tower pay homage to Nike’s namesake, the winged goddess of victory.”
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice