Creative agency 18 Feet & Rising have enlisted the help of Blinkink-signed director Noah Harris for a new campaign for cider company Kopparberg.
Outside is Ours tells the story of kites flyers at a sandy festival. The kites themselves were designed by Martin Lester on the Isles of Scilly and South African kite designer Phil Hattingh. Some of the more complex designs were created in post by post-production house nineteentwenty. “I wanted to take a new perspective on shooting kites, so alongside the more handheld stuff on the ground, we also shot with a drone, allowing us to take a ’kite’s eye view’ and really get a sense of the epicness of the landscape,” Noah tells It’s Nice That.
“The thing that drew me to the script originally was purely visual,” Noah continues. “I already had a bunch of images from kite festivals in the States in my reference folder. The festivals are immense with hundreds, if not thousands of kites, some huge, some slick and graphic, others cartoony and bold… A real overload of colour and design, against quite a stark open landscape… This paired with inspiration from Burning Man gave a great starting point.”
“I wanted to create a sense of a festival, with different ‘tribes’ of people flying different ‘tribes’ of kites. The narrative is simple in that they start disparate and converge at the end with a bit of sense of celebration.”
Outside is Ours will run across out of home, cinema, digital and socia channels from today (14 May). Kopparberg will have a presence at festivals in the UK with a new experiential platform The Kopparberg Outsider.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice