Each year the fashion crowd flock to New York for the annual CFDAs – a celebration of American fashion’s latest (and greatest) stars and moments of the past year. No stranger to the fashion world, Amsterdam-based design agency Part of a Bigger Plan – which has worked with the likes of Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior and Loewe – was asked by American Vogue’s creative director David Sebbah to create four films announcing the 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards nominees.
Taking a graphical approach in line with this graphics-drenched fashion season, Part of a Bigger Plan came up with a “straightforward idea, applying textures, prints or colours from each designer on bold rotating shapes.” With all the prints and textures taken from last season’s runway images, despite the simplicity of this work the differences and the characteristics of each designer shine through, managing to capture their spirit in a fantastically executed graphic way.
- Charlotte Wales shoots Botticelli-esque editorial for British Vogue's September issue
- Kaye Blegvad on the making of Dog Years, her book about surviving depression
- Photographer Carl Oliver Ander examines "the false relationship to reality that the medium has"
- Photographer Ellius Grace captures the ghostly churches of Ireland and the figures that haunt them
- William Farr’s floral sculptures are a celebration of ephemera and controlled chaos
- George Fletcher's typeface Hinault, inspired by 1980s cycling, is full of character and detail
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Graphic designers Dorothy comprehensively map out the history of club culture
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Can Yang's graphic design style is deep-rooted in her Chinese heritage
- New Zealander Luke Hoban designs websites that not only have form and function, but flair
- Jackson Joyce's melancholic illustrations inspired by childhood nostalgia