Each year the fashion crowd flock to New York for the annual CFDAs – a celebration of American fashion’s latest (and greatest) stars and moments of the past year. No stranger to the fashion world, Amsterdam-based design agency Part of a Bigger Plan – which has worked with the likes of Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior and Loewe – was asked by American Vogue’s creative director David Sebbah to create four films announcing the 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards nominees.
Taking a graphical approach in line with this graphics-drenched fashion season, Part of a Bigger Plan came up with a “straightforward idea, applying textures, prints or colours from each designer on bold rotating shapes.” With all the prints and textures taken from last season’s runway images, despite the simplicity of this work the differences and the characteristics of each designer shine through, managing to capture their spirit in a fantastically executed graphic way.
- Photographer Ronan Mckenzie on the details that go into curating your own exhibition
- Illustrator José Ja Ja Ja is “fascinated with the possibilities of the medium”
- Berlin-based design studio Arc on contrasting typefaces and demanding fair pay
- Regular Practice's Bookshelf helps inform its microscopic attention to type and print
- Viviana Troya presents egg-based optical illusions in new work Hatchery
- Maximilian Virgili on photographing the romance and randomness of Mexico
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- WeWork gets a new name, and a slightly new look too
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice
- Working Not Working reveals the top companies creatives want to work at