Each year the fashion crowd flock to New York for the annual CFDAs – a celebration of American fashion’s latest (and greatest) stars and moments of the past year. No stranger to the fashion world, Amsterdam-based design agency Part of a Bigger Plan – which has worked with the likes of Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior and Loewe – was asked by American Vogue’s creative director David Sebbah to create four films announcing the 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards nominees.
Taking a graphical approach in line with this graphics-drenched fashion season, Part of a Bigger Plan came up with a “straightforward idea, applying textures, prints or colours from each designer on bold rotating shapes.” With all the prints and textures taken from last season’s runway images, despite the simplicity of this work the differences and the characteristics of each designer shine through, managing to capture their spirit in a fantastically executed graphic way.
- Miranda July’s latest work is a high-tech portrait of the Uber driver who took her to interview Rihanna
- Léa Augereau's figurative paintings feature a diverse range of strong and confident women
- Artist Adam Ferriss' photography filters are better than any on Snapchat
- Graphic designer Jaap Smit physicalises the web in his data-driven practice
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year