Illustrator Polly Nor and animator Andy Baker have partnered their creative capabilities in a striking new music video for Halfway to Nowhere by Chelou.
In October we championed Polly’s illustrations advising that her drawings full of personality were ideal to be animated. Brilliantly, Polly has teamed up with with animator aficionado Andy to bring her drawings to life, illustrating the content sung within Chelou’s single.
The video, like many of Polly’s illustrations, animates the inner anxieties of the female mind with a devil character that takes over the female body. The devil ventures on a journey through the jungle to be soothed by a floating guitarist singing along the words to Halfway to Nowhere.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum