Illustrator Polly Nor and animator Andy Baker have partnered their creative capabilities in a striking new music video for Halfway to Nowhere by Chelou.
In October we championed Polly’s illustrations advising that her drawings full of personality were ideal to be animated. Brilliantly, Polly has teamed up with with animator aficionado Andy to bring her drawings to life, illustrating the content sung within Chelou’s single.
The video, like many of Polly’s illustrations, animates the inner anxieties of the female mind with a devil character that takes over the female body. The devil ventures on a journey through the jungle to be soothed by a floating guitarist singing along the words to Halfway to Nowhere.
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an 80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Zhiyuan Yang's photos of her parents scrutinise China's nuclear family dynamics
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled