The xx have released the new video for track I Dare You, co-directed by Raf Simons and Alasdair McLellan. The project’s impressive list of collaborators doesn’t stop there, with Another Man fashion editor Ellie Grace Cumming behind the styling, and Paris Jackson, Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown and Moonlight star Ashton Sanders starring in the cinematic story.
According to the band, the video is their “love letter to Los Angeles”, where they wrote and recorded parts of album I See You. It features a long intro setting up the narrative about a kid missing school, and visually celebrates the city’s iconic landscape. It is the third of their videos to be directed by Alasdair, with creative concept and direction by Raf, who the band say is “a hero” of theirs.
Following his departure from Dior, Raf took over as chief creative officer at Calvin Klein and presented his first collection for the label in February 2017. The video is cited as “Made in collaboration with Raf Simons for Calvin Klein”, and also stars Ernesto Cervantes and Lulu.
- "We’re likely to plummet into a new dark age": Illustrator Edward Carvalho-Monaghan on learning from the past
- Phile magazine on sexual subcultures, power struggles and the launch of their second issue (NSFW)
- Why Design Thinking is bullshit
- Friday Mixtape: a mammoth mix from school project turned great band, Lowly
- Even magazine challenges the “elitist, opaque and unapproachable” discussion around art
- Meet Love Man: an illustrated big-hearted alien-human looking for his other half
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- University of Portsmouth receives backlash over costs of its rebrand
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Animator John McLaughlin’s fuzzy world of big-eyed, triangular fuzzy dudes
- Creative director Patrick Li on T: The New York Times Style Magazine's conversational new redesign