The xx have released the new video for track I Dare You, co-directed by Raf Simons and Alasdair McLellan. The project’s impressive list of collaborators doesn’t stop there, with Another Man fashion editor Ellie Grace Cumming behind the styling, and Paris Jackson, Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown and Moonlight star Ashton Sanders starring in the cinematic story.
According to the band, the video is their “love letter to Los Angeles”, where they wrote and recorded parts of album I See You. It features a long intro setting up the narrative about a kid missing school, and visually celebrates the city’s iconic landscape. It is the third of their videos to be directed by Alasdair, with creative concept and direction by Raf, who the band say is “a hero” of theirs.
Following his departure from Dior, Raf took over as chief creative officer at Calvin Klein and presented his first collection for the label in February 2017. The video is cited as “Made in collaboration with Raf Simons for Calvin Klein”, and also stars Ernesto Cervantes and Lulu.
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Cordova Canillas commission photographers to create a spot the difference illusion for Tunica
- Pictoplasma New York showed how character design can spread joy and important messages
- Lalita Lupina animates the inner turmoil and anxiety felt at an indoor swimming pool
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Riposte magazine meets graphic designer Sheila Levrant de Bretteville
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner