The Royal College of Art has revealed further details of the RCA Secret 2016 show, including the participating artist and designers contributing anonymous postcard-sized artworks for this year’s event. Almost 2,000 works have been created for the show, now in its 22nd year. Names from the star-studded line-up include Peter Blake, Margaret Calvert, Jeremy Deller, Lawrence Weiner, Steve McQueen, Thomas Heatherwick and musicians Damon Albarn, William Orbit and Pete Fowler. Each of the postcards will be sold for a fixed price of £55, with the maker’s identity only revealed once their work has been bought, and all profits support emerging artists and designers through the RCA Fund.
RCA Secret 2016 exhibition in on 8 – 15 April at the Royal College of Art in London.
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- Moroccan heritage and western cues collide in photographer Mous Lambrabat’s portfolio
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!