The Royal College of Art has revealed further details of the RCA Secret 2016 show, including the participating artist and designers contributing anonymous postcard-sized artworks for this year’s event. Almost 2,000 works have been created for the show, now in its 22nd year. Names from the star-studded line-up include Peter Blake, Margaret Calvert, Jeremy Deller, Lawrence Weiner, Steve McQueen, Thomas Heatherwick and musicians Damon Albarn, William Orbit and Pete Fowler. Each of the postcards will be sold for a fixed price of £55, with the maker’s identity only revealed once their work has been bought, and all profits support emerging artists and designers through the RCA Fund.
RCA Secret 2016 exhibition in on 8 – 15 April at the Royal College of Art in London.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled