In a shoot released in this week’s Evening Standard Magazine, menswear duo Rottingdean Bazaar AKA James Theseus Buck and Luke Brook have created a Wizard of Oz-themed shoot featuring some of London’s most prolific names in the fashion industry.
Commissioned by Richard Gray and captured by photographer Lucy Alex Mac, the pair were given the “latest it-bags” to play with resulting in this series shot in London’s Hornsey, Bow and Forest Gate. James and Luke, who both studied at Central Saint Martins, have become well known for their playful and somewhat tongue-in-cheek designs featuring everything from cardboard cutouts of Naomi Campbell on the runway to ketchup sachets and cigarette butts.
With Fashion East’s Lulu Kennedy appearing as the Fairy Godmother, the series also features Matty Bovan as Dorothy, Charles Jeffrey as the Wizard himself and Dilara Findikoglu as the Wicked Witch of the West. Giles Deacon as the tin-man appears in the frame with Jeffrey Hinton as the lion and Julie Verhoeven as the scarecrow. Rounding up the cast of fashion mavericks are Lucas Tate, Adam Leach, Freyja Newsome, Declan Needham, and Daniel AKA toilet.co.uk as the munchkins.
- Photographer Anne-Sophie Guillet’s stunning portraits challenge gender binaries
- For Jan Horcik, type design and graphic design cannot work without one another
- “Like a little factory making picture books”: The wondrous work of Marie Neurath
- What’s the purpose of prison? This series captures a horse rehabilitation programme in Arizona
- Tina Schwizgebel-Wang’s etchings are filled with detailed scenes of everyday life
- “I want to show that the world is actually very simple”: meet artist Hisami Tanaka
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”