Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown, the teenage stars of TV show Stranger Things, feature on the covers of Dazed’s winter 2016 issue. The young actors are photographed by Collier Schorr and styled by Robbie Spencer, Dazed’s creative director, for interviews by writer Colleen Nika in the magazine, and two different covers.
“Stranger Things has swept over us firing up our imaginations,” Robbie tells It’s Nice That. “The cover shoot was intended to act as a contrast to the 40-page portfolio special we created in the magazine, with the art direction inspired by retro horror and sci-fi references.
“For the shoot, the idea was to create something youth-focused and simple, with Collier’s familiar stripped back photo style, and subtle references to the show through small hand-written elements and collaging.
“They’re so young, so we wanted Millie and Finn to really be themselves and retain that feeling of innocence and youthful energy.”
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs his mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner