Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown, the teenage stars of TV show Stranger Things, feature on the covers of Dazed’s winter 2016 issue. The young actors are photographed by Collier Schorr and styled by Robbie Spencer, Dazed’s creative director, for interviews by writer Colleen Nika in the magazine, and two different covers.
“Stranger Things has swept over us firing up our imaginations,” Robbie tells It’s Nice That. “The cover shoot was intended to act as a contrast to the 40-page portfolio special we created in the magazine, with the art direction inspired by retro horror and sci-fi references.
“For the shoot, the idea was to create something youth-focused and simple, with Collier’s familiar stripped back photo style, and subtle references to the show through small hand-written elements and collaging.
“They’re so young, so we wanted Millie and Finn to really be themselves and retain that feeling of innocence and youthful energy.”
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum