Europe’s biggest marketing website, The Drum, has today (5 February) published the first of a new set of insights into 2018’s most highly-regarded creative work in the world of advertising.
The Big Won — a study which analyses data captured by “the world’s major industry competitions” — is based on research extracted from “3,607 pieces of work from 1,721 agencies and involved 647 chief creative officers, 841 executive creative directors and 2,543 creative directors.” Which, we’re sure you’ll agree, is a suitably exhaustive sample set.
Campaigns featured in the top 20 revealed today include Wieden + Kennedy London’s absolutely massive Nothing Beats a Londoner work for Nike, Lad Bible’s stupendous AMV BBDO-backed, UN-supported Trash Isles project, and Grabarz & Partners super-spooky, It, hijacking the spot for Andy Warhol’s favourite fast food chain, Burger King.
The Big Won’s 2019 first place campaign winner for work released in 2018 is DDB Chicago’s cable news spoofing Exclusive the Rainbow ad, aimed at shifting packets of Skittles. The all-important top three was rounded off by an environmentally-minded campaign for the Pacific island of Palau orchestrated by Australian agency Host/Havas, and a trio of finger-lickin’-good pieces of work by Ogilvy Hong Kong for KFC.
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!