Fashion brand Kenzo has teamed up with Thomas Traum’s creative agency Traum Inc for a campaign film to accompany its characteristically colour-filled AW17 collection.
The collection, which debuted at Paris Fashion Week back in March, is titled La Collection Memento N°1. The collection was inspired by an early 80s collection by Kenzo Takada – which was then captured by iconic fashion photographer Hans Feurer. Kenzo decided to return that Lanzarote’s volcanic landscapes, where Feurer’s original campaign had been set, forming a fitting backdrop to Traum Inc’s film.
The campaign film was shot entirely on drone camera and features an arsenal of after effects to trace the journey of a couple (played by Aliou Drame and Amilna Estevao) across the island’s otherworldly landscapes dressed in eye-catching, highly-patterned looks from the collection. As the couple pick their way across the stark grey landscape and into the sea, patterned “lava” follows in their wake.
Traum Inc comments: “The island is defined by its volcanoes and lava which, has shaped this island over hundreds of years. It’s unlike anything, its stark and mystical beauty is the perfect backdrop to the colourful and visually very rich collection.”
“We paid homage to the past whilst looking into the future.”
The film is set to a soundscape by BR-RR and Lafawndah.
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- The Line King: A profile of Al Hirschfeld, on the prolific characterist’s 115th birthday
- Ditto publish 100 Club Stories in celebration of the iconic London venue
- Adobe Stock identifies 'multilocalism' as the next trend to shape visual culture
- “I want my work to function like a good book": illustrator Charlotte Ager
- "Even if you cover a shit in glitter it’s still a shit": top creatives show us their CVs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts