A trip to an Apple Store just got even more exciting than usual. Apple has announced a 58 session strong series of in-store classes that are both super creative and totally free. So, while the old adage about there being no such thing as a free lunch might still hold all too true, there are chances out there for thrifty tech-fans to get a little slice of education for a price that no one can argue with.
The Today at Apple scheme, which launched back in May 2017, offers Apple customers hands-on sessions in everything from photography to coding. The new additions to the roster, which roll out in stores across the globe today, include using GarageBand to produce rhythm tracks, iPhone-assisted walking tours that focus on street-shot portraiture, and a session created in association with architectural firm Foster + Partners that promises to help you produce better drawings of treehouses than you ever thought possible.
“Since the beginning, Today at Apple has been about educating and inspiring the communities we serve,” says Angela Ahrendts the senior vice president of Apple’s retail division. “There is a session for everyone at Today at Apple and we can’t wait to see what you will create.”
Apple has handily provided a nicely coloured batch of lists of the new classes and workshops, you can peruse the possible classes to sign up to below. Bliss.
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!