Virgil Abloh, the newly appointed Artistic Director of Louis Vuitton showed his debut menswear collection at the Spring/Summer 2019 show as part of Paris Fashion Week yesterday.
The show was held at Jardin du Palais-Royal and guests included Rihanna, Takashi Murakami, A$AP Rocky and Kim and Kylie Kardashian. Models walked down a multicoloured catwalk and the anticipated 50-plus look range was modelled by a diverse cast which included artist Dev Hynes, rapper Kid Cudi and skater and model Lucien Clarke.
Also in attendance was long-time collaborator Kanye West, who shared an embrace with Abloh on the catwalk at the close of the show.
Earlier in the day, Mathias Patillon, Head of Design Men’s Footwear teased an image of Abloh’s sneaker design on his Instagram. The full collection of menswear included tie-dye printed loose-fitted trousers, utility vests, sheer shirting, tailored trench coats, hoods in all-white and colourful chain details on cross-body bags.
Abloh takes over from Kim Jones, who takes his position as Artistic Director at Dior Homme and his debut show for the brand will show on Saturday.
- Josephin Ritschel presents architecture and its surroundings as a stage for storytelling
- Gender, sexuality and male identity as seen through the lens of Jorge Perez Ortiz
- Gab Bois transforms things we’ve seen a thousand times into something spectacular
- Aysha Tengiz on her joyous, colourful and slightly depressing illustrated scenes
- Satellite photography, drawing tools and interactive logotypes feature in Double Click September
- Lego reveals first brand campaign in 30 years, Rebuild the World
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!