Virgil Abloh, the newly appointed Artistic Director of Louis Vuitton showed his debut menswear collection at the Spring/Summer 2019 show as part of Paris Fashion Week yesterday.
The show was held at Jardin du Palais-Royal and guests included Rihanna, Takashi Murakami, A$AP Rocky and Kim and Kylie Kardashian. Models walked down a multicoloured catwalk and the anticipated 50-plus look range was modelled by a diverse cast which included artist Dev Hynes, rapper Kid Cudi and skater and model Lucien Clarke.
Also in attendance was long-time collaborator Kanye West, who shared an embrace with Abloh on the catwalk at the close of the show.
Earlier in the day, Mathias Patillon, Head of Design Men’s Footwear teased an image of Abloh’s sneaker design on his Instagram. The full collection of menswear included tie-dye printed loose-fitted trousers, utility vests, sheer shirting, tailored trench coats, hoods in all-white and colourful chain details on cross-body bags.
Abloh takes over from Kim Jones, who takes his position as Artistic Director at Dior Homme and his debut show for the brand will show on Saturday.
- Graphic designer Anne Büttner is drawn towards all-things bold, clashing and experimental
- Graphic designer Marie Ducrocq's future-facing aesthetics are supported by thorough research
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!