London-based design studio OK-RM has announced the release of Vivienne Westwood, Andreas Kronthaler, Juergen Teller, a book dedicated to the 20-year relationship between the iconic trio.
Edited by OK-RM and Juergen Teller, and published by its imprint InOtherWords, the book features photography by Juergen, the renowned German fine-art and fashion photographer, as he captures the relationship between the group since they started working together in the 90s. Among the pages, expect to find career-defining editorials, art projects, political satire, pivotal campaigns, portraits and muses. The special edition book documents Juergen’s work with Vivienne and her husband and co-designer Andreas, which presents an eclectic mix of work spanning two decades.
The design and layout of the book is less focused on structure or narrative, and effectively imprints on the “power of the double page spread”, while spacing photography projects with set pieces as well as looks from archived campaigns and collections. Avoiding this chronology, the result is 256 pages of “confrontational image combinations, arranged into a spontaneous flow”, writes InOtherWords on the publication’s release.
Commencing with an exhibition at the Vivienne Westwood flagship store during New York Fashion Week, the event and publication will mark the start of a touring selection of work. The book has been produced in close collaboration with Juergen and will showcase many unseen images that will be published for the first time.
“Juergen’s got something very rare, he’s got really good taste, and more than anything that makes him good at his work. Juergen somehow always manages to get the picture, he gets to the route of the matter every time when he takes a photograph,” says Vivienne on her relationship with the photographer.
Andreas adds: “If Renoir arranges a vase of flowers he sometimes turns it around and paints it from the back. Juergen can do the same — it is this spontaneity which I love.”
“For ten years I’m working with Vivienne and Andreas and every time I find it super exciting,” says Juergen.
Vivienne Westwood, Andreas Kronthaler & Juergen Teller runs from September – November 2017 at the Vivienne Westwood flagship store, New York, and the book is out now.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner