Condé Nast is launching Vogue Czech Republic and Slovakia, which will focus on fashion, lifestyle and arts news from local cities like Prague and Bratislava as well as shining light on international cultural developments.
The new Vogue will have both an online and printed presence, the latter of which will be published in Czech to make it accessible for both Czech and Slovakian readers. The magazine will make its debut in August 2018 with a September issue and will be the second Eastern European Vogue to have been introduced this year following. Vogue Polska launched its first issue only a month ago.
Vogue Czech Republic and Slovakia will be published under a license agreement with V24 Media with the two co-founders, Michaela Seewald and Fabrice Biundo, leading the strategic direction of the new publication. The new Condé Nast publication arrives at a time when the region’s demand for a luxury market is rising. Business of Fashion reports that the local area’s footwear and apparel market is expected to reach $3.03 billion by 2022, while Prague Fashion Week, which launched in 2010, reached new heights in 2013 when it partnered with Mercedes-Benz.
- From Kanye West to Cartoon Network: Encyclopedia Pictura’s latest animations champion the power of DIY skills
- Amad Ilyas’ Naach Girls project explores the portrayal of dancing girls in South Asia
- Haruna Kawai breaks down the boundaries between illustration and sculpture
- Sam Jayne's abstract and psychedelic design portfolio is inspired by nature
- Catching up with Charlotte Trounce while on a residency in Japan
- "I always seem to look for oddities": photographer Clark Franklyn on his dreamy landscapes
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare