Creative consultancy agency Wolff Olins has grouped together a mix of illustrators, designers and artists to create #bandtogether, a series of specially designed bandanas in support of charities under threat from Donald Trump. Its timely release coincides with the anniversary week of his inauguration.
Created in collaboration with online retailer Print All Over Me, each designed bandana sends 100% of the proceeds to its designated charity. The choice of non-profit organisation was up to the artist at hand and includes Planned Parenthood, ACLU, National Organisation for Women and many others who have been dangerously jeopardised by Trump’s first year as a president, needing help now more than ever. The ten creatives involved in #bandtogether include illustrators Jing Wei, Will Bryant and Leah Goren, as well as musician and visual artist Hisham Bharoocha among others.
The campaign continues Wolff Olins’ creative mission “to use creativity for good and remain optimistic for the world”. Crissy Fetcher the project lead on #bandtogether and Wolff Olins’ senior designer says: “This felt like a natural thing for us to do. We were inspired by movements like the pink pussy hats for the Women’s March — something small that really unites people. Bandanas have such an iconic history that it felt like the right medium to create something in support of these charities.”
Each of the ten final bandana designs are available via Print All Over Me’s website with its co-founder Jesse Finkelstein saying: “It’s easy to feel discouraged in these difficult times. Hopefully this will help demonstrate the kind of impact that the creative community can have when we work together.”
- From North Korea to Galicia via the digital world: the trip that was February's Nicer Tuesdays
- Innovative graphic designer Samuel Bloch on how his work "creates an interesting contradiction"
- Illustrator Lily Kong's vibrant world of marshmallow babies, greenery and cats
- Photographer Dham Srifuengfung's endearingly fabulous shoot starring his childhood nanny
- Easle partners with top industry talent to launch freelance creative hiring platform
- Post-Soviet Visions: image and identity in the new Eastern Europe
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- "Oddities, clumsiness and dogs": the mischievous output of designer Félicité Landrivon