Former Turner-prize winning artist Wolfgang Tillmans has created the visuals for Freezer, a new track by XL Recordings-signed Powell.
Comprised of a repetitious montage of still images and film shot in both portrait and landscape in Wolfgang Tillman’s typically irreverent style, the music video combines images of liquids, plants and members of the police and military in the UK and further afield. Freezer was shot by Wolfgang Tillmans, and edited by the artist alongside Michael Amstad.
Powell will play live on Friday at the Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall in the next installment of Uniqlo’s Tate Late series. Curated by Wolfgang Tillmans and London-born internet radio station NTS, Powell will be joined by Debonair, Pussy Mother and Toast Collective withb Wolfgang Tillmans generating live visuals for the event.
- Meet Love Man: an illustrated big-hearted alien-human looking for his other half
- Liz Nielsen wants to create photographs that give viewers "an ah-ha moment"
- A tribute to the repurposed churches of the Soviet Union
- Daniel Vojtíšek disrupts his design process using small, distinctive details
- A chat with illustrator William Davey about sketchbooks and his parent’s shed
- 24 hours with Morag Myerscough at Design Indaba
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- University of Portsmouth receives backlash over costs of its rebrand
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Animator John McLaughlin’s fuzzy world of big-eyed, triangular fuzzy dudes
- Creative director Patrick Li on T: The New York Times Style Magazine's conversational new redesign