Former Turner-prize winning artist Wolfgang Tillmans has created the visuals for Freezer, a new track by XL Recordings-signed Powell.
Comprised of a repetitious montage of still images and film shot in both portrait and landscape in Wolfgang Tillman’s typically irreverent style, the music video combines images of liquids, plants and members of the police and military in the UK and further afield. Freezer was shot by Wolfgang Tillmans, and edited by the artist alongside Michael Amstad.
Powell will play live on Friday at the Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall in the next installment of Uniqlo’s Tate Late series. Curated by Wolfgang Tillmans and London-born internet radio station NTS, Powell will be joined by Debonair, Pussy Mother and Toast Collective withb Wolfgang Tillmans generating live visuals for the event.
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- Moroccan heritage and western cues collide in photographer Mous Lambrabat’s portfolio
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!