Former Turner-prize winning artist Wolfgang Tillmans has created the visuals for Freezer, a new track by XL Recordings-signed Powell.
Comprised of a repetitious montage of still images and film shot in both portrait and landscape in Wolfgang Tillman’s typically irreverent style, the music video combines images of liquids, plants and members of the police and military in the UK and further afield. Freezer was shot by Wolfgang Tillmans, and edited by the artist alongside Michael Amstad.
Powell will play live on Friday at the Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall in the next installment of Uniqlo’s Tate Late series. Curated by Wolfgang Tillmans and London-born internet radio station NTS, Powell will be joined by Debonair, Pussy Mother and Toast Collective withb Wolfgang Tillmans generating live visuals for the event.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled