Former Turner-prize winning artist Wolfgang Tillmans has created the visuals for Freezer, a new track by XL Recordings-signed Powell.
Comprised of a repetitious montage of still images and film shot in both portrait and landscape in Wolfgang Tillman’s typically irreverent style, the music video combines images of liquids, plants and members of the police and military in the UK and further afield. Freezer was shot by Wolfgang Tillmans, and edited by the artist alongside Michael Amstad.
Powell will play live on Friday at the Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall in the next installment of Uniqlo’s Tate Late series. Curated by Wolfgang Tillmans and London-born internet radio station NTS, Powell will be joined by Debonair, Pussy Mother and Toast Collective withb Wolfgang Tillmans generating live visuals for the event.
- From Kanye West to Cartoon Network: Encyclopedia Pictura’s latest animations champion the power of DIY skills
- Amad Ilyas’ Naach Girls project explores the portrayal of dancing girls in South Asia
- Haruna Kawai breaks down the boundaries between illustration and sculpture
- Sam Jayne's abstract and psychedelic design portfolio is inspired by nature
- Catching up with Charlotte Trounce while on a residency in Japan
- "I always seem to look for oddities": photographer Clark Franklyn on his dreamy landscapes
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare