Former Turner-prize winning artist Wolfgang Tillmans has created the visuals for Freezer, a new track by XL Recordings-signed Powell.
Comprised of a repetitious montage of still images and film shot in both portrait and landscape in Wolfgang Tillman’s typically irreverent style, the music video combines images of liquids, plants and members of the police and military in the UK and further afield. Freezer was shot by Wolfgang Tillmans, and edited by the artist alongside Michael Amstad.
Powell will play live on Friday at the Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall in the next installment of Uniqlo’s Tate Late series. Curated by Wolfgang Tillmans and London-born internet radio station NTS, Powell will be joined by Debonair, Pussy Mother and Toast Collective withb Wolfgang Tillmans generating live visuals for the event.
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Cordova Canillas commission photographers to create a spot the difference illusion for Tunica
- Pictoplasma New York showed how character design can spread joy and important messages
- Lalita Lupina animates the inner turmoil and anxiety felt at an indoor swimming pool
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Riposte magazine meets graphic designer Sheila Levrant de Bretteville
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner