New Things scribe Alex M has taken the weekend off to rest his nib, so I’m back on the much sought-after duty of sifting through the things that make their way into the studio… As always I was spoilt for choice and relaxed the rules a little, picking 6, rather than 5 things. We’re too good to you.
Teamwear Designed by LOVE Creative
Nicely designed and printed piece of promotion for Umbro’s new ‘Teamwear’ range of affordable, beautifully designed football kits. Makes us all a little too excited about the prospect of kick-off next weekend.
Vote Arts Poster Celia Stothard
We’re privileged to have a great piece of classic Graphic Design sitting on our walls this week, from the hand of Celia Stothard. One half of ‘The Typography Workshop’ with Alan Kitching, their long lasting partnership has bourn beautiful typographic fruits for many years, and long may they continue.
Advanced Graphics Link
MA Textiles Futures Designed by Mike Knight
Who even looks at prospectuses these days? Surely the internet can do all a prospectus can and more? Well, not if they’re as good as this one from Central St.Martins’ MA Textile Futures Course.
Put A Egg On It R&S Media
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Perhaps with a culinary magazine out of New York City with essays, photos, illustrations, cooking tips and recipes? Egg-cellent, (How could I not?) although not quite grammatically sound.
Behind the Scenes and Everything Else Inbetween Jack Hudson
We are the proud new parents of a 1/25 editioned print by one of this year’s best graduates, Jack Hudson. ‘Pride of place’ is being hotly contested this month and I can’t recommend you get your hands on one of these charmers enough before they evaporate.
Article Edited, produced and designed by Ben Dunmore and Alasdair Hiscock
They say that “Article is a guide to the space that you are in”. Taken literally, I was sexpecting a dry studio manual, but thankfully I was actually presented by a magazine full of articles I’m interested in reading.
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity