For your weekly helping of Things we have an unintentional homage to all things hand drawn…
The Muscle Emma Morris and Esther McManus
Newspaper without the news? Oh hang on, the Obituary page is displaying a trapeze artist uncontrollably swinging towards a phantom hand weilding a chainsaw. Graphic! In International news a large whale lands on a tiny plate.
From Here to There Hand Drawn Map Association
From the topographically queastionable to the disproportionate landmarks that dwarf whole countries, be it scribbled on a scrap bit of loo roll or an overly descriptive diagram, the maps in From Here to There are a fascinating collection.
Oh Comely Liz Bennett and Des Tan
I’m afraid the less then descriptive photos of Oh Comely don’t highlight all the hand drawn elements or nostalgic notes and photos that have been carefully compiled for Issue 2. The hand written notes to the reader through out the mag keep it personal and special.
Matthew the Horse
Thanks for the t-shirt Matthew the Horse. Now lets all mass descend on his rather great looking new shop…
Utterly Mindless Thrills Hannah Rollings
Sexy sexy time. “Her body flooded with heat. Couldn’t control the throbbing of her Jam Tart”. Great suggestive illustrations accompanying subverted exerts from the finest of romantic literature. Bearded clam, say no more.
- Superimpose Studio on the impact of Brexit on the creative industries
- Photographer Namsa Leuba makes the invisible stories of Voodoo visible
- A whizz through the portfolio of Italian illustrator Marco Oggian
- Alex Vasilyev's compelling photographs of locals living in Russia's coldest region
- Friday Mixtape: Rae Morris curates a winter-focused mix
- Good Sport Magazine: sport-focussed content, through the lens of much broader reaching interests
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- A chat with the anonymous archivist behind vintage smut celebration Hardcore Decor
- A peek inside the bulging, bold portfolio of multidisciplinary studio Spassky Fisher