Top picks! As sporadic a cross section of our postal gems as you have come to expect. From a mailer that challenges you to read the small print (text includes inadvertant proverb from the designers mother regarding the wisdom of designing a book you can’t afford to sell) to a comic that brings a museum to life (minus the acting abomination that shall not be named in this Nice place), so enjoy.
Zut Alors! mailer Frank De Rose
“Graphic Design & Visual Oddities”, an appropriate title for a witty piece of design by Zut Alors!. The foldout poster is surrounded by the possible interpretations of the image. No. 16(my favourite) reads “God gave all the other graphic designers the good ideas”.
Diagonal Thinking Matt .W. Moore
Compiled as a purely pictorial book, highly graphic and heavy on texture this monochrome edition is made of the inspirations, paintings, things, landscapes and snapshots from the world of MWM himself. The cover made me see geometric spots (good thing).
Batter pre-oil, condensation, foaming oven cleaner, paused video screens, humans, animals looking at humans, car interiors, super photography and some honest writing. A magazine dedicated to the exquisite aesthetics of the daily hum.
Promotional poster Andrew Joyce
Nothing more pleasing then an epic city scape. I’ve been looking at it for a while now and I can’t see two buildings the same, (or Wally but I don’t know why I’m punishing myself with that one) it’s a great piece of draftsmanship.
Museum Rui Tenriero
All the attention to detail and character we’ve come to know and love about Rui was delivered to us in the form of a good, big comic Museum. He’s a master of time in his comics with all these clever visual devices that pull you through and faultlessly cheer you up.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum