It’s a fairly infrequent occurrence for us to write about straight-up fashion here on It’s Nice That but, when the clothes are beautiful and the shots are just right, it’s too good an opportunity to pass up. This stunning series of sartorial photographs come courtesy of Angelo Pennetta and the SS13 Pre-Collection from Givenchy. The garments themselves utilise intricate paisley prints combined with bold geometric shapes and dark block colours to great effect; amplified beautifully by a loose-fitting cut and square, tapering silhouette. Though perhaps not altogether practical, they’re definitely a stand-out set of items.
Coupled with this is Pennetta’s magnificent lens-work that takes the collection out of the studio and onto the street, in pure Scott Schuman style, immediately elevating it beyond the realms of mere vanity fashion and rendering it instantly wearable.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner