It’s a fairly infrequent occurrence for us to write about straight-up fashion here on It’s Nice That but, when the clothes are beautiful and the shots are just right, it’s too good an opportunity to pass up. This stunning series of sartorial photographs come courtesy of Angelo Pennetta and the SS13 Pre-Collection from Givenchy. The garments themselves utilise intricate paisley prints combined with bold geometric shapes and dark block colours to great effect; amplified beautifully by a loose-fitting cut and square, tapering silhouette. Though perhaps not altogether practical, they’re definitely a stand-out set of items.
Coupled with this is Pennetta’s magnificent lens-work that takes the collection out of the studio and onto the street, in pure Scott Schuman style, immediately elevating it beyond the realms of mere vanity fashion and rendering it instantly wearable.
- Practical portfolio advice, from choosing a specialism to solving real problems
- Performance art's "master" Tehching Hsieh on the importance of isolation
- Territory Studio on making organic, lo-fi graphics for Blade Runner 2049
- Evan Cohen’s illustrated characters work together to travel through the panels of his comic
- Tadas Karpavicius's risky opera catalogue creates "fluidity and an organic feeling"
- Wang & Söderström create digital art you want to reach out and touch in new exhibition
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle
- Uniqlo and Marimekko collaborate on bold and expressive new collection