We are very excited to announce that from 23 – 27 April we will be curating a series of free lunchtime and evening talks, bringing together exciting creatives, cultural commentators, artists and designers. They’ll be part of a unique five-day GF Smith event in collaboration with Monotype and the British Council, themed around the idea of ‘beauty in the making’ – celebrating artistry in all its creative processes.
The beautiful Victoria House basement will be transformed into a space dedicated to craftsmanship and the endless possibilities of paper explored through installations, workshops and live demonstrations.
Expect talks from the likes of photographer Jane Stockdale, poet and illustrator Supermundane, Wired’s editor Olivia Solon, creative collective Nous Vous and many, many more. Keep your eyes peeled for more programme details coming soon and info on how to sign-up for the talks!
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum