We are very excited to announce that from 23 – 27 April we will be curating a series of free lunchtime and evening talks, bringing together exciting creatives, cultural commentators, artists and designers. They’ll be part of a unique five-day GF Smith event in collaboration with Monotype and the British Council, themed around the idea of ‘beauty in the making’ – celebrating artistry in all its creative processes.
The beautiful Victoria House basement will be transformed into a space dedicated to craftsmanship and the endless possibilities of paper explored through installations, workshops and live demonstrations.
Expect talks from the likes of photographer Jane Stockdale, poet and illustrator Supermundane, Wired’s editor Olivia Solon, creative collective Nous Vous and many, many more. Keep your eyes peeled for more programme details coming soon and info on how to sign-up for the talks!
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner