While keeping himself busy with postmodern Howard Hodgkin-esque painting and collage work, Ben Sanders is somehow finding the time to paint funny faces on ceramics. Cutting through the “worthy lifestyle” pottery trend with googly eyes, zigzag nostrils and creepy grins, Ben has stamped his sense of humour and aesthetic all over these thriving succulents’ homes.
The series, titled Pot Dealer has also been art directed and photographed very well amongst colour-coded tape and condiment dispensers, Post-it smilies and lots of rubber gloves.
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date
- Atelier Brenda and Amélie Bakker create “squidgy” identity for Beursschouwburg
- Thomas Pratt photographs the effects of religion, natural disaster and globalisation on an island community
- Viacheslav Poliakov shoots the “folk-baroque-industrial mess” of Ukraine and Poland
- “Even bad pizza is kind of good”: Five life lessons from David Droga
- Join Cachetejack and Dropbox for a collaborative workshop at OFFF Barcelona
- Netflix moots move into print with new publication, Wide
- “Allowing a modern audience to see Helvetica for the first time”: Charles Nix talks us through the newly released Helvetica Now
- Dating app Hinge gets a makeover, asks users to use it less
- The most relaxing colour in the world? Dark blue apparently
- By You: Nike's customisable range gets a new name, and a new look
- Rejane Dal Bello on using graphic design to talk about hard topics in a joyful way