Director Benjamin Portas has created this hypnotic and trippy video for Toronto-based band Fresh Snow and their new track I Can’t Die. The psychedelic animation sees “constructed spaces and realities in digital purgatory”, where floating eyeballs and gloopy, changeable shapes meander a world full of imagery that belongs on forgotten record sleeves of the 1970s.
To continue the slightly nostalgic trip, Benjamin pulls on various internet and digitally-charged references like arrow clickers, pixellated infographics and screensaver-like compositions. Using a rich colour palette of soft burgundy, mustard and steely blue, the director transports us to another world, that’s abstract, mind-bending and hypnotic.
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity