You must have heard by now that we’ve just released the first tickets for this year’s Here symposium with Adam Buxton, Rafael Rozendaal, Erik Kessels and Nelly Ben Hayoun already confirmed. But our excitement for Here 2013 is mingled with the proud glow of Here’s 2012 success and over the past few weeks we’ve started releasing videos of some of the amazing speakers who graced us with their presence. Today is the turn of filmmaker Carol Morley, whose extraordinary documentary Dreams of A Life – about a woman who lay dead in her flat for years – aired recently on Channel 4. Carol treated us to a fascinating glimpse into her process and why she feels outbound to tell certain stories.
Snap up your tickets for Here 2013 below!
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum