At its best, creative culture feeds itself with different disciplines influencing and inspiring each other to create urban hotspots greater than the sum of their parts. That’s precisely what Cutty Sark is celebrating at their inaugural Cutty Cargo event taking place next month, and the whisky brand is kicking off its global campaign right here in London with an evening of music, food, performance and art and design.
Jessie Ware and DJ Duke Dumont will headline the event, with food by the uberhip Meat Liquor restaurant, live performances from burlesque artiste Miss Polly Rae and the Shanty Theatre Company, a light installation by Flat-E and some cutting-edge art commissioned by us here at It’s Nice That.
We’ve signed up three of our Graduates of the class of 2013 – Charlie Patterson, Julianna Futter and Matthew Hill – to turn their creative talents to customising some Cutty Sark crates which will be on show on the evening.
Cutty Cargo takes place on September 12 and free tickets are available via the website. After London, the showcase will head off around the world.
This article was produced in collaboration with Cutty Sark.
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Córdova Canillas commission photographers to create a spot the difference illusion for Tunica
- Pictoplasma New York showed how character design can spread joy and important messages
- Lalita Lupina animates the inner turmoil and anxiety felt at an indoor swimming pool
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner