Frankly there are not many men out there that can go about town sporting pink leggings and still manage to maintain their dignity, let alone their cool. So when Colombian photographer Daniella Benedetti set about photographing Parisian fashion label Pigalle’s latest collection – complete with multiple variations of male pink leggings – I think it is fair to say that she had quite a task laid before her. But photograph she did and I think it is safe to say that the results are simply stunning.
Being shot especially for the Japanese publication GRIND, Daniella’s photographs embody a beautiful mixture of French class in-line with the brand’s classic Parisian identity while simultaneously managing to showcase the originality of designer Stephane Ashpool. Coming saturated in colour and featuring both landscape shots as well as the more obvious portraits, Daniella well and truly ensures that these models – pink tights or not – come across beautifully and we think her photographs are just fantastic.
- Zach Lieberman and Molmol Kuo's AR app Weird Type lets you paint with type in space
- Artist Jesse Draxler on finding clarity through greyscale
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Alessandra Genualdo's illustrations mix high fashion and intimate moments
- Benoit Bodhuin's experimental, maths-inspired typefaces
- Heart Chakra by Angela Stempel comedically explores LA's crystal culture
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- Serbian designer Marko Vuleta-Djukanov’s music posters celebrate “everyday stuff”
- Discover Harvard student Mindy Seu's research-focused design practice