What do you get if you cross David Bailey, a selection of the art world’s finest young talent and eloquent men’s style know-it-all Mr Porter? By all means fantasise away at the many dreamy possibilities but one thing you can be sure of is that whatever the outcome, combining the three was always going to make for a pretty damn cool show.
Commissioned by Mr Porter for their beautiful online journal, the great David Bailey set about photographing seven young men currently taking the art world by storm. Coming in David’s iconic black and white and with some rather nice swirly typography thrown in for good measure, the project is pretty much perfect.
But that’s not the end of it– each subject also offers a telling insight into what exactly makes them tick, Mr Porter really has gone all out on this one!
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum