Every once in a while we come across a studio with such astounding creative prowess we can scarcely believe we’d not heard of them before. Danish design studio Designbolaget have a portfolio of such magnitude and quality we’re amazed they’re not the darlings of the graphic design world – though with a client list predominantly based in the Netherlands and Scandinavia it’s perhaps understandable they’re not better known abroad.
With ten years of experience behind them, the studio has a strong handle on all aspects of their creative practice – art directing fashion shoots, designing identities for top creative institutions and book design are all second nature to the Designbolaget team. If we’re being completely honest we love their publications best for the sheer breadth of sylistic, thematic and typographic diversity they employ. Whether exploring niche subjects like the history of Danish tattooing or promoting public funding, their bound printed works communicate beautifully and are rarely less than stunning.
- Clean it, beach: Reto Schmid's new fashion series shines light on the plastic waste problem
- Short film Krista demonstrates the power of drama to overcome trauma
- Robert Rubbish takes us on a hazy, illustrated day of the places and people of Soho
- Studio Moniker’s collaborative painting tool turns the Earth’s surface into a giant canvas
- Tales of the sea: behind John Morgan’s identity for Island, the British Pavilion at Venice Biennale
- Photographer Pierluigi Macor travels to southern Italy to capture interesting characters
- Custom Typefaces: are they worth the hype?
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Iconic film poster designer and illustrator Bill Gold has died aged 97
- Juno Calypso's eerie new series sees her posing inside Nevada’s plushest bunker
- 4Creative brings The Handmaid’s Tale’s dystopian world to Britain in provocative ad campaign
- "Football's Bayeux Tapestry": behind the scenes of the embroidered BBC World Cup trailer animation