Sometimes we like to try and surprise our readers, but sometimes you can read us like a book (a good book, something like Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab). The transport category at the 2012 Designs of the Year is filled with interesting, worthy and environmentally-freidnly nominations, but the one jumps out at us combines two of our great loves – beautiful, problem-solving design and bikes. Manifesto’s Bicycle Storage Facility is an eye-catching solution to storing bikes in busy cities, promoting sustainable travel as our big urban areas struggle to breathe.
The prototype was built for Seoul in South Korea, and the mechanism works on pedal power. which is nicely appropriate. It’s a great space-saver and also avoids the need for costly and complex electric systems.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum