It’s Nice That favourites Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared created by the fun-filled directors Becky and Joe, will head to Sundance Film Festival next year. The Blinkink creative duo will premier their Youtube-hit series at the largest independent film festival in the US this January 2019.
Salt Lake City’s Sundance Film Festival is known for its celebration of cult dramas highlighting the potentials of independent filmmaking. Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared is an unexpected member of the prestigious roster, known for its lighthearted comedic mix of puppetry, 2D and CG animation and the comedic characters never fail to inject a sense of fun to its two million strong subscribers.
Just the trailer for the 30-minute show’s pilot clocked up five million views in only five days. Produced in-house at Blinkink’s long-form entertainment division known as Blink Industries in London, and voiced by the show’s creators Becky Sloan, Joseph Pelling and Baker Terry, the television series will undoubtedly continue to captivate audiences on an international scale. With its irresistibly lovable storylines and characters, you can see why we cover Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared pretty extensively here at It’s Nice That.
- An angry doughnut faces off with a timid computer technician in Megacomputeur’s latest film
- Exploring the space between humans and computers: Coralie Vogelaar on bin-packing algorithms
- From South Korea, Ghana to Berlin, Alexander Beer captures the people of the world
- Natalie Keyssar captures Guyana on the cusp of dramatic change
- Nizar Kazan’s Lausanne typeface is a product of his analytical design approach
- Your chance to work with María Medem on an illustrated calendar for 2020
- "I felt I saw the world with different eyes": Jaimy Gail on photographing the concept of normalcy
- Let Salvador Dalí tell your future in a new edition of tarot cards
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Fyre Festival’s digital designer Tokyo tells its story, two years on
- Ikea unveils its latest toy creatures based on kids drawings
- Fed & Watered is a new studio with a specific output: all things food, drink and hospitality