It’s Nice That favourites Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared created by the fun-filled directors Becky and Joe, will head to Sundance Film Festival next year. The Blinkink creative duo will premier their Youtube-hit series at the largest independent film festival in the US this January 2019.
Salt Lake City’s Sundance Film Festival is known for its celebration of cult dramas highlighting the potentials of independent filmmaking. Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared is an unexpected member of the prestigious roster, known for its lighthearted comedic mix of puppetry, 2D and CG animation and the comedic characters never fail to inject a sense of fun to its two million strong subscribers.
Just the trailer for the 30-minute show’s pilot clocked up five million views in only five days. Produced in-house at Blinkink’s long-form entertainment division known as Blink Industries in London, and voiced by the show’s creators Becky Sloan, Joseph Pelling and Baker Terry, the television series will undoubtedly continue to captivate audiences on an international scale. With its irresistibly lovable storylines and characters, you can see why we cover Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared pretty extensively here at It’s Nice That.
- Victor Fonseca treats his graphic design practice like a “playground”
- Photographer Jack Latham investigates the hidden conspiracies of Bohemian Grove
- Stella Park’s warm illustrations reflect her outlook on life
- Ugly beauty and challenging established norms feature in Jade Palace's collaboration with Yat Pit
- Astrid Seme elevates an artist’s work by challenging it through the lens of design
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”