Pentagram designer Alex Brown has curated a non-profit exhibition of prints exploring the theme of dissident movements, with design studios Experimental Jetset, Build, Neubau, Catalogue and many more showing work.
A personal project for Alex, Bring the war home will feature 25 unique posters to accompany individual overviews of dissident groups featured in a limited-edition book featuring essays by Noam Chomsky and Simon Critchley.
Having designed the book, Alex has also created all promotional materials for the project including exhibition graphics, a poster and a Bring the war home bag. His monochromatic scheme and minimalist layouts highlight the broad spectrum of creative philosophies covered in the book and exhibition by allowing the diverse range of print designs to stand alone, uncompromised by the project’s clean branding.
All proceeds from the book and show are being donated to Shelter.
Bring the war home will be on show at KK Outlet, London N1, 11-29 February 2016
- Pedro Destefani explores the relationship between Stan Smith the man and the brand
- Xiaopeng Yuan reinterprets the Chinese fable, The Butterfly Lovers, in a series for Télévision magazine
- Creativity and control: Stanley Kubrick's obsessiveness and the meticulous films it produced
- Oscar Maia translates the essence of his native Porto into a new publication
- Louise Bonnet paints exaggerated bodies as symbols of melancholy and loneliness
- Mathieu Larone illustrates the "elusive liminal space between the cryptic and the understandable"
- Pornhub decides to try out beesexuality with new awareness campaign
- “The time just feels right”: Stuart Brumfitt and Mirko Borsche, editor and designer of The Face, on its relaunch
- Graphic designer Shao Nian's portfolio ranges from academic publishing to experimental magazines
- Daniel Gebhart de Koekkoek recreates the ingenious yet useless inventions of Chindōgu
- The Washington Post's climate change issue features 24 equally important covers
- Philip Gerald's lowbrow, crude paintings are a reflection of his views on the art world