Pentagram designer Alex Brown has curated a non-profit exhibition of prints exploring the theme of dissident movements, with design studios Experimental Jetset, Build, Neubau, Catalogue and many more showing work.
A personal project for Alex, Bring the war home will feature 25 unique posters to accompany individual overviews of dissident groups featured in a limited-edition book featuring essays by Noam Chomsky and Simon Critchley.
Having designed the book, Alex has also created all promotional materials for the project including exhibition graphics, a poster and a Bring the war home bag. His monochromatic scheme and minimalist layouts highlight the broad spectrum of creative philosophies covered in the book and exhibition by allowing the diverse range of print designs to stand alone, uncompromised by the project’s clean branding.
All proceeds from the book and show are being donated to Shelter.
Bring the war home will be on show at KK Outlet, London N1, 11-29 February 2016
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous