Pentagram designer Alex Brown has curated a non-profit exhibition of prints exploring the theme of dissident movements, with design studios Experimental Jetset, Build, Neubau, Catalogue and many more showing work.
A personal project for Alex, Bring the war home will feature 25 unique posters to accompany individual overviews of dissident groups featured in a limited-edition book featuring essays by Noam Chomsky and Simon Critchley.
Having designed the book, Alex has also created all promotional materials for the project including exhibition graphics, a poster and a Bring the war home bag. His monochromatic scheme and minimalist layouts highlight the broad spectrum of creative philosophies covered in the book and exhibition by allowing the diverse range of print designs to stand alone, uncompromised by the project’s clean branding.
All proceeds from the book and show are being donated to Shelter.
Bring the war home will be on show at KK Outlet, London N1, 11-29 February 2016
- Gourau and Phong stretch reality by combing photography with new technologies
- Graphic designer Benoît Brun’s comics-inspired typography leaps off the page
- Antonis Theodoridis chases the sunlight of Athens in his series Ways of Escape
- “All I could see was puppets”: Johnny Kelly on his series of sweet shorts for Cheerios
- Melek Zertal's illustrations all feature different versions of herself
- Wyatt Knowles on his DIY approach to poster design
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance