Foam – the internationally reaching publishing and exhibiting platform that recognises the best photography, like, ever – has gone one more step for the collective good of all photo lovers with their online initiative, Foam For You. As well as an educational challenge about the principles of photography in Stop… Look… Click!, they have also been releasing “inspiration movies” that focus on one particular image-makers oeuvre by way of a single, descriptive term.
Wonder is a film about Jessica Backhaus, and the word could not be more apt in describing her uncanny, near-surreal ability to capture the complete chromatic spectrum in the most inane of everyday moments. Loosely centred around her One Day in November portfolio and in non-teeth-grinding commentary, Jessica shares her delight for the unexpected pleasures her innocuous crops. Be it random light effects, harmonious combinations of detritus, reflections or textural combos, her insight and ineffable love of what she does means that you, too, buy into the “poetry of a banana skin” right along with her.
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Cover Stories: Veronica Ditting on the covers that left a lasting impression on her work
- Alix Marie’s photographic sculptures celebrate bodily experiences
- Nadine Redlich’s new book illustrates the moment you realise you actually hate your partner
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist
- Christopher Golden creates colourful digital environments that utilise visual abnormalities
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- Plexopolis: a series of games to educate and inform students on accomplished design
- Chris Dorley-Brown’s sharp images of East London are actually made up of many multiple shots
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments