Furniture, typefaces, identities and posters, websites, limited edition fashion lines, music packaging and abstract works all exist within the broad practice of Berlin-based designer Till Wiedeck. Under the moniker of HelloMe, he’s been a constant creative force on the contemporary graphic design scene for the past six years, accumulating big-name clients like The New York Times, COS and Warp Records among others. This recent work for German/French art fund Perspektive, is characteristic of Till’s holistic approach to his process, with print collateral, web and all other elements of the identity created by the studio, all united by a bespoke typeface.
“We created a visual system inspired by the theme of exchange and affection between those two countries. The design is based around the bespoke typeface HM Perspective in a left and right slanted cut. Each cut is used for a specific language and is leaning into the direction of the geographic location of the opposed country. The typeface is accompanied by a dynamic logo that works as a manifolded key visual element. It contracts and expands to react to each collaboration individually.”
- This is Antwerp: why you'll want to visit Europe's most atypical city
- A glimpse inside FKA twigs’ year-long pole-performance training schedule
- Graphics studio Brest Brest Brest injects some silliness into French cultural institutions
- Enter the saccharine lunacy of Becky and Joe’s idents for Trolli sweets
- AI personality consultant to digital matte painter: The creative jobs you didn’t know existed
- Antonia Terhedebrügge and Mado Klümper’s identity for Sehsüchte Festival combines “soft forms and edgy lines”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!