There is something enigmatic about the garden gnome, said to protect us from evil sorcery, however I can’t help but think that behind those blank beady eyes, something is going on. IKEA clearly share the same paranoia, and along with ad agency Mother, have produced this pretty hilarious advert to show what the garden gnome are really up to – plotting a sabotage against garden furniture.
Luckily the couple are prepared and manage to fend them off with weapons like a water hose, but the garden gnomes persist and as the video comes to an end, the victory (by a close shave) is to us humans. It seems that many garden gnomes were hurt in the making of this video.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled