Back in January we reflected on the absolute marvel that is Jack Cunningham whose hilarious animations and bloody brilliant illustrations melted the coldness of that bitter, bitter month. So we kept him close; his animations of punching ducks, robotic space men and smoothly boiling kettles reassuring us with all their wonderful weirdness on those darker days. So obviously we were ridiculously excited when we saw his blog updates announcing his new website covered in new work. And it’s all changed, his style refined but stronger than ever. Stripping back to finer lines and some brilliant black and white animations, this simplifying somehow just adds to their hilarity, articulating the giant conks and their flared nostril sneezing, the chair that walks to catch its owner at the end of the day or the businessman dreaming of water skiing. Peruse at your leisure.
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Multi-faceted designers Studio Bergini hops between projects with a cool, clean elegance