Job Wouters is a calligrapher, artist and illustrator based in Amsterdam, who has made creating large-scale typographic murals his thing. His aesthetic combines traditional craftsmanship with a contemporary minimalist edge, which might explain why Italian brand Canali chose to collaborate with him to celebrate their anniversary in this short video for Nowness, in which he creates 80 calligraphic pieces – one for every year of the brand’s existence. The slick simplicity of the video’s composition paired with his unfaltering brush makes for dangerously dreamy, almost hypnotic watching which makes even glancing down at the predictability of your keyboard again entirely unappealing. You’ve been warned.
If you fancy familiarising yourself with his work then you can also see the brilliant talk he gave with his equally talented brother Roel at our annual creative Symposium Here back in 2012. It’s available to watch in full now on our audio-visual channel First Broadcast.
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Elise By Olsen on stepping down as the world’s youngest editor-in-chief
- Pentagram designs Francesca Gavin’s Watch This Space, dissecting the screens impact on society
- It’s Nice That and Camden Council host evening of talks by LGBTQ creatives
- Michael Marcelle’s photography is “like a broken funhouse mirror in a gay haunted house”
- Books From The Future's experimentally collaborative and investigative publishing
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity