When I sat down to write this article I was planning to discuss Ardéchoise illustrator Marion Fayolle’s impressive career to date; her numerous books for the likes of Nobrow and Magnani Editions; her editorial work for The New York Times, her textile designs for Cotélac and Kiblind and of course her very own illustration publication Nyctalope which she co-runs with Simon Roussin. And then I remembered she did a brilliant book of saucy drawings, Les Coquins, and decided to focus on that instead.
Marion’s visual puns are first-rate and funny, highlighting the absurdity of sex and playing fast and loose with some classic bits of slang. The cuteness of her illustrations only serves to make these strange sexual acts even more appealing. Frankly anyone who spends their days drawing cock candles is ok by me!
- Otto Splotch combines the gross and absurd with beautifully detailed handiwork
- Designer Brando Corradini finds freedom in his personal work
- Kontrapunkt's type designers talks us through its design for Copenhagen's in-train displays
- Giovanni Hänninen documents the people of Tambacounda through 200 portraits
- Anything and everything is possible in Howie Kim’s digital fantasy worlds
- Larry Achiampong and David Blandy use video games to explore issues around race and class
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Kenny Brandenberger’s fluid typographic design is made with machine-like precision
- Noel Fielding on his Halloween-themed art show, Bake Off and Boosh
- Universal Sans is a customisable variable typeface system by Family Type
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- James Tupper embraces the ups and downs of being a freelancer in his charming animation