Our last Nicer Tuesdays of 2017 promises to bring joy, inspiration and festive merriness. Buy tickets for 19 December to hear from Cécile Dormeau, Territory Studio, Ivana Bobic and Mr Bingo.
French illustrator Cécile Dormeau has a profound knack for depicting the hilarious desires and truths of everyday life. Her mostly female characters evoke joy, empowerment and self-acceptance as they cry, let their bellies and hairy legs out, and wiggle their bits to their hearts’ content. A master of character design (as shown by her Google sticker series Julio the Bull), Cécile will be telling us about the ideas behind some of her funniest and most relatable creations.
Territory Studio is an international design studio known for its graphics, UI and experiential design. A big part of its work is designing screen graphics for blockbuster films such as Ex Machina, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Martian and most recently Blade Runner 2049, designing interfaces and interaction systems that played a huge role in depicting the dystopian future world. Andrew Popplestone from the studio will be sharing the research and development behind this high profile project.
Director Ivana Bobic has made campaign films for Stella McCartney, Nivea and Whistles, and music videos for Bloc Party and Nothing But Thieves, but one project of hers recently made mainstream news when it became the first ad to show a female nipple on daytime TV. Ivana will be telling us more about the making of the Coppafeel! ad, and another personal film made during a residency in Senegal.
Mr Bingo is back to tell the heartwarming tale of how he crowdsourced nude models for his saucy advent calendar for 2017. Starring 24 illustrated, real-life characters from all over the globe (plus Bingo himself) whose modesty is covered by scratch-off clothes, the calendar celebrates the human body in all its forms, dancing around naked. “I can’t wait to see my own family scratch my clothes off on Christmas day in horror,” he says. Join us to hear more about this brilliant project.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock.
Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Supported by: The Five Points Brewing Company
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, London, brewing with a commitment to provenance, quality, consistency and the community since 2013.
- Brr it’s cold in here, it must be Best of the Web in the atmosphere!
- Is it real, or is it not? Mirror Mirror's identity for Integrated 2017
- Alex Moy’s animation explores where our minds drift off to when we’re distracted
- Friday Mixtape: Jake Chapman’s band, Funhole
- Islena Neira’s halftone animation depicts a sleepless night
- Hezin O’s charmingly illustrated 2018 calendar inspired by A-Z cards for children
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Photographer Ivar Wigan on his new collaboration with larrydavid420
- Loud, vibrant, evocative: Paul Gorman tells The Story of The Face