It wouldn’t be right for March to come and go without having another Nice Wednesdays. Don’t worry if you missed out last month, we’ve got another cracking evening planned at Shoreditch Studios and we’d love for you to join us.
We’ve invited speakers to explore the theme of environments and spaces from a variety of perspectives and give snappy 10 minute talks sharing their stories and insights. We’re really excited about this one! Jono Stevens, founder of Black Cab Sessions, will explore the innovative music platform which hosts interviews and live sessions with the likes of Martha Wainwright and Hot Chip on-the-go in taxis.
Edward Shuster, co-founder of Invisible Structures will share his story, from meeting his business partner at a protest up a tree to taking on sustainable architectural projects developed with leading designers and engineers from the Eden Project.
Simon Jordan, head of Jump Studios – specialising in high-concept interiors, installations and architectural design for clients like Red Bull and Google – will explore the ingredients for creating successful work environments, while the V&A’s contemporary curators, Laurie Britton Newell and Ligaya Salazar, will look ahead to the highly-anticipated exhibition Memory Palace opening in June.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three minute talk on the same theme – for more details click here.
Remember tickets were snapped up in hours so don’t delay – we hope to see you there!
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs his mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner