These genuinely inspiring and deftly handled films that feature the heavy-going likes of George Lois and Milton Glaser, do exactly what they say on the tin. On Creativity, a süperfad project, introduces/reintroduces us to some valuable creative doers whose refractive takes on the subject provide an illuminating spectrum of opinion.
George Lois (featured below), gives a wonderfully expletive account in New York accents of what, he thinks, makes an idea; Craig Costello speaks about the subjective flux of “trend”, or the notion of it; and Milton Glaser humbly puts out there that he will just “move stuff around until it looks right” and that, kids, is graphic design.
One of our personal highlights which is now justifiably doing the rounds, is photographer Andrew Zuckerman, who is deliberately unbound by his medium and in his high definition abstraction of animals from their environments, for example, he seeks to “quieten down” the cacophony of voices that distract the intention of his work. Very watchable, very quotable, On Creativity is a total goldmine for, well, creativity.
- Illustrator Ben Kopp’s nostalgia-drenched personal work
- Iggy Ldn's poignant new film Silk reclaims the essence of the jazz era in the 21st century
- Ways of Seeing: Laurie Rowan fills FACT's architectural space with a troop of exploring characters
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a journey to "surf discovery" even though he's terrible at surfing
- Photographer Sam Gregg shoots the true face of Naples
- Prolific artist Miroco Machiko’s animal menagerie
- Netflix unveils Netflix Sans, a new custom typeface developed with Dalton Maag
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Original sets and puppets from Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs to be exhibited in London