“Summer summer summertime,” sung The Fresh Prince’s backing singers in his smash hit song, Summertime. Why? Because he freakin’ loves summertime – and so do we!
To celebrate the arrival of our favourite season we crammed our Summer issue full of fantastic art and design-related content, questioning Eike König about the objects that define him, investigating the growing trend of theatrical catwalk shows and touring the studios of some of the world’s finest children’s illustrators. We caught up with revolutionary artist Duke Riley to find out why it’s important to take huge risks, spoke to David Pearson about the best book covers of his career and learned that Marian Bantjes doesn’t understand the latest craze for beards.
Shit Girls Say’s Graydon Sheppard apologises to an old school friend, Eric Yahnker waxes lyrical on the highs and lows of American politics and we find out more about the career of Don Hunstein, a man who’s spent his life creating some of the most iconic imagery in rock ‘n’ roll history. We also gave Rami Niemi 16 pages to write an original comic that references each of the seven key themes in fiction. You can’t say fairer than that!
To lay your hand upon your very own copy head over to the Company of Parrots shop now!
- From documentaries to exhibition design via portraiture and painting, relive June’s Nicer Tuesdays
- Useless is a website mapping out the UK’s zero-waste network
- Material Literacy: Why we need to rethink language to survive the climate crisis
- Welcome to Response and Responsibility, a look at creativity and climate change
- Maurizio Di Iorio tricks the eye with his illusory photography
- With “personality and warmth”, Laura McCluskey turns her lens to those around her
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!