“Summer summer summertime,” sung The Fresh Prince’s backing singers in his smash hit song, Summertime. Why? Because he freakin’ loves summertime – and so do we!
To celebrate the arrival of our favourite season we crammed our Summer issue full of fantastic art and design-related content, questioning Eike König about the objects that define him, investigating the growing trend of theatrical catwalk shows and touring the studios of some of the world’s finest children’s illustrators. We caught up with revolutionary artist Duke Riley to find out why it’s important to take huge risks, spoke to David Pearson about the best book covers of his career and learned that Marian Bantjes doesn’t understand the latest craze for beards.
Shit Girls Say’s Graydon Sheppard apologises to an old school friend, Eric Yahnker waxes lyrical on the highs and lows of American politics and we find out more about the career of Don Hunstein, a man who’s spent his life creating some of the most iconic imagery in rock ‘n’ roll history. We also gave Rami Niemi 16 pages to write an original comic that references each of the seven key themes in fiction. You can’t say fairer than that!
To lay your hand upon your very own copy head over to the Company of Parrots shop now!
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- Photographer Eli Durst's series Pinnacle Realty challenges stereotypes of suburban America
- Grace Miceli’s bold and playful illustrations re-interpret brands in humorous ways
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Rosie Yasukochi's vibrant comic reflects on post-generational trauma
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year