Cycle enthusiasts be warned, there’s a new place in town for you to splurge away your hard-earned salary in a matter of minutes, sedated by the enticing smell of fresh croissants, piping hot coffee and the comforting sound of road-race commentary. Rapha, the most premium of all cycle apparel manufacturers, has just opened a brand new permanent cycle club in London’s Soho and it’s a wonderful place to be.
Designed by Brinkworth, the space shows off a delicate balance between retail environment and café with merchandise spread liberally over the white walls, enticing you all the while to make an essential purchase while you enjoy your morning espresso. Stepping into the space in my commuting lycra and high-performance windbreaker I was greeted by staff and fellow customers alike with the warm embrace of an old friend, welcomed into the bosom of the club to enjoy my breakfast and engross myself in an abundance of cycle literature, having hung my bike in one of many free racks within the shop’s interior.
I left without making a purchase, but I’ll be back, with a debit card in hand and a hunger for warm pastries. I defy you all not to feel the same.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum