Shannon Jager is a graphic designer whose work in layout design, art direction and UX and UI design creates a broad and accomplished portfolio. Not only do her previous clients include publications such as Quill & Quire, The Walrus Magazine and Elle, Shannon has her own publication which she completes whilst pursuing an MA and working at Pentagram Design under Eddie Opara.
The premise of Shannon’s magazine, Double Dot of which she is the both editor and art director, is an art and fashion magazine built on a conceptual basis. Each issue “explores the cultural and creative relationship between sister cities – where they part and where they collide”, through photography features, illustration and essays. The magazine began out of Shannon’s thesis, aimed to “share an authentic slice of what it is like to live and create in a particular city. Issues have investigated the similarities between Paris and Seoul, London and Berlin and a call for submissions for the Brussels and Moscow issue are now open.
Additional projects of Shannon’s include, Women I’ve Met Online a book which Shannon explains “provides a social commentary on societies obsession with befriending celebrities through the gathering of information about them online.” Featuring recognisable faces such as Kim Kardashian, Lilly Rose Depp, Willow Smith the book unpacks the meaning behind the fascination of these women, through their most popular social media photographs. Another is The State of Subtraction is a printed book and iPad edition that “explores the beauty of subtraction in contemporary art today.”
As a designer, Shannon combines both the technical and the thoughtful to create distinctive projects digitally and in print.
- Miranda July’s latest work is a high-tech portrait of the Uber driver who took her to interview Rihanna
- Léa Augereau's figurative paintings feature a diverse range of strong and confident women
- Artist Adam Ferriss' photography filters are better than any on Snapchat
- Graphic designer Jaap Smit physicalises the web in his data-driven practice
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year