Shannon Jager is a graphic designer whose work in layout design, art direction and UX and UI design creates a broad and accomplished portfolio. Not only do her previous clients include publications such as Quill & Quire, The Walrus Magazine and Elle, Shannon has her own publication which she completes whilst pursuing an MA and working at Pentagram Design under Eddie Opara.
The premise of Shannon’s magazine, Double Dot of which she is the both editor and art director, is an art and fashion magazine built on a conceptual basis. Each issue “explores the cultural and creative relationship between sister cities – where they part and where they collide”, through photography features, illustration and essays. The magazine began out of Shannon’s thesis, aimed to “share an authentic slice of what it is like to live and create in a particular city. Issues have investigated the similarities between Paris and Seoul, London and Berlin and a call for submissions for the Brussels and Moscow issue are now open.
Additional projects of Shannon’s include, Women I’ve Met Online a book which Shannon explains “provides a social commentary on societies obsession with befriending celebrities through the gathering of information about them online.” Featuring recognisable faces such as Kim Kardashian, Lilly Rose Depp, Willow Smith the book unpacks the meaning behind the fascination of these women, through their most popular social media photographs. Another is The State of Subtraction is a printed book and iPad edition that “explores the beauty of subtraction in contemporary art today.”
As a designer, Shannon combines both the technical and the thoughtful to create distinctive projects digitally and in print.
- Using flowers and colour, photographer Giseok Cho documents his generation of Koreans
- Paul Gacon's dynamic portfolio spans printed matter, visual identities, type design and more
- Laurie Avon is an illustrator utilising the power, persuasion and human qualities of print
- The latest series by Israeli art collective Broken Fingaz showcases a contemporary twist on traditional oil painting
- New comic Cult of the Ibis, arises out of the history of Western magic and alchemy
- Editions At Play’s latest book challenges the conventions of publishing
- Want a dream job? Studio Ghibli is hiring
- Creativity and control: Stanley Kubrick's obsessiveness and the meticulous films it produced
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date
- “Even bad pizza is kind of good”: Five life lessons from David Droga
- Pornhub decides to try out beesexuality with new awareness campaign
- Studio Nuno Fontes on its clean and ordered work for the cultural sector